Zack and I left after work on Friday so we didn't get down there until pretty late. We spent a little time catching up with family before we all headed to bed.
Saturday, the boys started demolition and construction for Ben and Rachel's new master bed and bath. They have been wanting to do this for a while and now that they are pregnant, they have a little more incentive to get them moving on the project. The guys spent a large part of the day ripping down walls, pulling off trim, and pulling up carpet. They really got a lot done! I was really impressed with them.
While they were slaving away, Rach, Mama Sandy and I went out for girl time. We went to a great little paint your own pottery place that Rach has been to before. I didn't realize it until we left, but I didn't take a single picture while we were there. Rachel painted a travel mug, Mama Sandy painted a tooth brush holder and I painted a "You are Special" plate. After completing our works of art, we headed over to McAlister's for lunch. We all shared a big thing of chili nachos and then got a little soup, salad, or sandwich of our own. Zack and I used to go to McAlister's a lot when we lived in Mobile, but we don't have one in the little town that we live in now. So it was a little treat to eat there. After lunch, we went to help Rach find some maternity clothes. She found a couple of really cute things.
We went back to Rach and Ben's to check on the guys. They had gotten onto a roll and they were getting a lot done. So, we let them keep working while Rach threw a couple of lasagnas that she had made into the oven to bake for .dinner. About 2 hours later, the guys finally got to a stopping point and we all sat down to dinner
Dinner was really good and Rach had gotten Ben an A-mazing red velvet cake for his birthday. It was really moist and the frosting was really good. After dinner, the guys played some games on the Wii and then we headed to bed so that we could get some sleep and be ready for church the next day.
These boys can make a competition out of anything! Here thy were trying to see who could get lowest to the floor while doing a squat.
We went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch and then headed back to Ben and Rach's house. The guys played a REALLY REALLY long game of settlers while Mama Sandy, Rach and I watched a movie.
1 comment:
great post! I'm glad to see Mr. Huston there for the construction project. Who won the squatting contest?
Post a Comment