Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Adventures in baking.


I have always been a little intimidated by recipes that call for yeast. Last year, I tried to overcome my fear. I had read a couple of blogs where the authors talked about how easy homemade pizza's were to make. So, I decided to take a chance and make some pizza dough....well, that experiment was a disaster. We ate the pizza, but the crust really was like a brick...yuck! So, after that amazing failure it is understandable that it has taken me several months to work up the courage to try using yeast again.

Tonight I decided to try a recipe for homemade French loaves. I was encouraged that the dough actually rose this time and Zack and I agreed that the finished bread was actually pretty good. It had a crispy crust with a soft inside. My skills with yeast still need LOTS of improvement, but at least I had a small baking victory tonight!

No comments: