Saturday, February 13, 2010

February Fury...let it snow

Zack and I were excited about the snow but were worried that it might keep his parents and brother from getting to come up here for the weekend. Thankfully, Zack's parent's were able to get on the roads before things got very bad. So, while we waited for them to get here, Zack and I decided to make a snowman. (Zack was REALLY excited about this after his disappointment after our last snow.) So, we went out and rolled ...and rolled...and rolled snowballs to make our snowman. Zack was determined that we were going to have a life sized snowman. So, by the time he was satisfied with the size of our snowballs (the biggest snow balls he had ever seen) they were too heavy for us to lift.



We took a break to wait for Zack's parents to get here so that Matt and Daddy G could help lift the snowballs to construct the snowman. While we waited, I started dinner. I tried out a new recipe last night, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Zack and I had a LOT of soups and beans/Mexican inspired meals recently. So, I was looking for something pretty simple but different. The fettuccine turned out pretty good. I thought that it had a pretty good flavor and Zack and his parents/brother seemed to like it. So, I guess that it is a keeper recipe.



After dinner, Zack, Daddy G, and Matt went outside to complete our snowman. I had found an old sheet to use for a scarf, but it ended up getting used as hair making our snowman a snowwoman. We didn't have any carrots so we improvised and used oreos for eyes, nose and mouth. Then Mamma Sandy added the finishing touch of an apron...Mrs. Buttersnow. :)


No comments: