Saturday, April 5, 2008

Nana Gave it to Her




I don't know if the rest of you watch food network as religiously as I do, but there is this commercial on FN that I just love. There is a young woman that just married into a family and doesn't really feel that she fits in. She wants to help prepare the meal, but her husbands sisters keep taking the old well used recipe cards from her. And her husband whispers in her ear "Nana gave it to her". The poor girl just looks out of place at dinner and then as they are leaving Nana helps her put her coat on...and she finds a worn recipe card in her pocket. Well, I love that commercial. because I love to cook and love the idea of being "Nana". I would love to have secret family recipes that everyone wanted. As it is, I am still learning how to cook. I am a cookbook collector and love finding and trying out new recipes. Some turn out wonderfully, while others well...not so great. My husband is more than willing to encourage my love for cooking, because it means that he gets to eat home cooked meals rather than frozen preprepared meals. He is funny about food though, he likes to take pictures of the new meals that we have. He says that way if we ever do not have food to eat he could look back at the pictures...but I mean really if we don't have food to put on the table will we really have electricity to allow him to look back at the pictures on his computer? :) men and their food! :)

1 comment:

andreabrosto said...

okay you are making me the hungriest right now! We love the food network! We watch it ALL the time! Did you see on my blog that we took a cooking class in Charleston--you need to do it if you go! You really feel like you are on the food network cause there are cameras taping the chef up close!