Thursday, December 4, 2008

Girl's Weekend

Girls Weekend 2008


The weekend before Thanksgiving, we went to the mountains for a girl's weekend getaway. Rachel, Mama Sandy and I had been planning this for a while. We have some family friends that have girls, and I have been wanting to get a chance to know them all better, but with no young girls in the family, I haven't had the chance. So, I suggested a girls weekend. We left on Friday night and headed up to a cozy little cabin in the woods.


Our car full on the way up!

There were 12 of us the first night and then we added 2 more the next night. We had a great time!! Lots of talking and laughing. We watched girly movies, played games, went shopping, went to a corn maze and ate...way too much!!



Sisters

Rachel and Mama Sandy

At the corn maze

Bonfire!

I wanted to make something to give all of the "girls" as a reminder of our fun weekend. So, I made some little personalized tote bags. I think that everyone liked them.
We had so much fun on our weekend away that we are going to try to plan another one sometime soon!!

The guys took the opportunity to have some "guy" time. All of the husbands, fathers, and brothers originally were going to go camping, but it was ridiculously cold that weekend, so they ended up going to stay somewhere with heat! They seemed to have a great time too...although, I don't think that they ate quite as well as we did! :)

No comments: